Precept Inductive Bible Studies
Tuesdays, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in Micah D (last class on April 10)
Current Study - 1 Corinthians
Instructor: Paul Morin
Wednesdays, 12:15-2:30 p.m.
Current Study - "Passing the Mantle" Kings and Prophets Series
Discover the meaning of God's Word for yourself!
Bible study can make the difference between simply reading God's Word
and understanding God's Word. The techniques you learn will change the
way you interact with the Scriptures.
Why should you take a Precept Bible study?
- You will learn to effectively study and understand God's Word for yourself.
- You will study in fellowship with other Christians.
- You will study a book of Bible in depth.
Inductive Bible study is not the instructor teaching you
about the Bible. We learn together.
Inductive Bible study is not
about learning the “secrets” of the Bible. God does not hide Himself or
His Word from us.
Inductive Bible study is not about trying to
discover the answer that the editor wants you to learn. There are no
Inductive study is about you discovering the
meaning God's Word yourself.
- The method focuses on gathering facts.
- You analyze the facts and develop interpretation and application for
- We discuss what you have learned as a group.
Fundamental Assumptions Behind Inductive Bible Study
- Always start with prayer.
- The Bible is the inerrant word of God.
- The best interpretation of Scripture is other Scripture.
- Context is critical for interpretation.
Example: How many different meanings are there for the word “trunk”?
You don't know which one applies unless you assess the context in which
the word is used.
- The process consists of three main steps: Observation, Interpretation and Application.
- Remain objective. Make a distinct effort not to impress your own or someone else's meaning onto the text.
- Look for the obvious by focusing on the facts in the text.
Want more information? Contact Jennie!